I love having sliced cucumbers in my salad or as a snack. Every time I would feel hydrated and energized. But consuming cucumbers is not my favorite, using cucumbers as a mask is my favorite thing to do. I have dry skin type and prone to have dark under eyes. When I found out about the beauty benefits of cucumbers, I would do a cucumber mask as least once or twice a week. Let me share with you some of the beauty benefits of this amazing fruit. (By the way, if you don’t know, cucumbers are fruits)
- Cucumbers contain about 90% of water. This is why they are great for dehydrated skin. They can hydrate and moisturize your skin in minutes! Just slice the cucumbers into thin slices and layer them on our face and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Your face will feel cool and refreshed.
- Cucumbers are great cure for dark circles and tired eyes. For a person who always works in front of a computer, my eyes tend to feel very tired and dry afterwards. Cucumbers are abundance in antioxidants and have the ability to quickly help fade dark circles. Place a slice of cucumber on each eye, relax for about 20 minutes and let it do its trick.
- Use cucumbers to soothe sunburns and rashes. They provide a natural cooling effect and are gentle enough to soothe your skin and speed up the healing process of sunburn. Apply sliced cucumbers onto irritated skin. This is a great at home remedy if you don’t have soothing creams around.
- Cucumbers contain lots of vitamins your skin needs such as vitamin A, C, and K. This is why it is great for skin rejuvenation. The vitamins help fight away wrinkles and fine lines. A great natural anti-aging remedy for aging skin. Mix blended cucumbers with yogurt and apply on skin like a regular mask. Do this at least once or twice a week.
- Last but not least, cucumbers work great as a natural toner. It evens out the skin tones and help control oil secretion. This will cause less acne breakouts. Just blend the cucumbers in a blender and filter out all the juice into a spray bottle. Spray the content onto face like a usual toner.
I’m sure there are many other ways you can use cucumbers in your beauty regime. Comment down below and share your beauty tricks with me! 🙂