It’s not a secret that I’m a big fan of coconut oil. The smell of coconut is amazing, and it is loaded with natural substances that are great for cooking and topical use. Well of course, my favorite way of using coconut oil is to use it on my skin. Not only does it moisturizes my skin, but it also has many beauty benefits too! Oh by the way, don’t panic if your coconut oil is not in liquid form because it has a high melting point of 76°F or 24°C. Meaning it will always be in a solid form if it’s below 76°F.
Solid or liquid, it still does a wonderful job beautifying your skin. Here are 6 amazing ways to use coconut oil on your skin.
- Body moisturizer: If you have dry skin, especially after a shower, applying coconut oil on your entire body will keep your skin moisturized and hydrated. Keep a jar in your bathroom. It’ll come in handy. It’ll make your skin feel really soft and smooth too!
- Hand lotion: If you have dry hands or do chores involving your hands in water most of the time without gloves, coconut oil is a great remedy. Keep a jar in the kitchen near the sink. And don’t forget to keep a small jar of coconut oil in your bag when you go out. It will come in extra handy especially in the winter.
- Lip balm: Coconut lip balm is the best replacement for chap sticks. I bet you don’t want to kiss someone with your cracked lips right? Applying coconut oil on your dry and chapped lips will help soothe the irritation and keep your lips moisturized and smooth.
- Shaving cream: This will help lots of people who would get ingrown hair or razor burns. Using coconut as a shaving cream will help you get a close, smooth shave and help prevent ingrown hairs or razor burns. Plus, it will add moisture while shaving too!
- Makeup remover: If you are out of makeup remover and you happen to have coconut oil, use it! Coconut oil is great in removing makeup, even waterproof mascara! It will melt away your makeup and leaving your face clean and hydrated.
- Sun block and Sunburn relief: Coconut oil naturally has about SPF 4. You can apply it on your face as a natural sunblock daily, but you will have to use something stronger if it’s too sunny out. It can also act as a sunburn relief. It helps sooth inflamed skin, reduce redness, and re-hydrate the skin.
I’m sure there are plenty of other uses with coconut oil because it’s just that great. How do you use it?