You know summer’s the perfect time to switch to light clothes, but did you know it’s also the right time to change your diet? During summer you sweat a lot and it may cause health problems such as dehydration, skin sensitivities, and vitamin and mineral deficiencies. The best solution? Eat local, in-season fruits.
Here are six of the best foods that you can eat to help your skin hydrated all the time during summer:
- Watermelon – As its name implies, this fruit is a hydration hero, up to 93% is water and has loads of natural vitamins such as vitamin A and C. Watermelon’s high water content keeps you cool and hydrated. Watermelon also contains lycopene, which protects skin cells from sun damage.
- Tomatoes – While tomatoes are filled with antioxidants and Vitamin C, they also contain beneficial phytochemicals such as lycopene, which contribute to chronic diseases—especially cancer.
- Blackberries and Raspberries – These berries are great sources of fiber. Raspberries are a food that goes unnoticed a lot—they can be very expensive off-season—but there are a lot of awesome qualities in the powerful little raspberry. They’re very high in vitamin C and have 8 grams of fiber per cup.
- Green Tea – Studies have suggested that green tea may be helpful in fighting cancer and heart disease, lowering cholesterol. Green tea can help get rid of toxins in your skin. It is great for healing blemishes, scars, and reducing inflammation.And if sipping a hot drink in a hot month isn’t your cup of…well, tea, try it on ice—the cooler temp doesn’t compromise its nutritional benefits.
- Nuts – snacking on handfuls of almonds, cashews, and peanuts to get your fill of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which are thought to lower bad cholesterol levels.
- Avocados– they have anti-inflammatory effects which prevents inflammation that hardens the artery walls. Avocados help in lower your bad cholesterol.
And the list goes on! If you know any other fruits that are perfect for summer hydration, please share!
Leer en Español