Stem cells are beneficial for the natural process of healing and regeneration. Stem cells are found in all living things and have the ability to turn into all different kinds of cells and help the body regenerate.
Naturally, your skin is already made of stem cells. As you age, you start to lose them, and by the time you hit 50, you’ve lost about 98 percent of them. Yikes! When you’re young, the average turnover for your skin is about 25 to 30 days. When we get older, the production slows down, the turnover can take up to 60 days. When it’s exposed to the elements longer, it loses that youthful vibrant look. That’s where products come in.
The stem-cell skin-care products contains the proteins and amino acids that the youthful cells secrete.
This is what your body recognizes and can use to help rejuvenate and repair cells, these are the natural body healers.
The cocktail of proteins and amino acids that are harvested from the actual stem cells themselves signal your own cells to produce more collagen and elastin and ultimately fire up the rejuvenation process. Say hello to the fountain of youth.
It’s important to note that stem-cell science is still in its infancy, and even though not all dermatologists are totally convinced that stem cells by themselves are miracle anti-aging, they do agree that these products are still packed with age-defying benefits.
I believe that these products are worth using primarily for their high concentration of antioxidants, which work to reverse UV-induced skin damage, and also for their potential to improve cell turnover and renewal.
I love having sliced cucumbers in my salad or as a snack. Every time I would feel hydrated and energized. But consuming cucumbers is not my favorite, using cucumbers as a mask is my favorite thing to do. I have dry skin type and prone to have dark under eyes. When I found out about the beauty benefits of cucumbers, I would do a cucumber mask as least once or twice a week. Let me share with you some of the beauty benefits of this amazing fruit. (By the way, if you don’t know, cucumbers are fruits)
- Cucumbers contain about 90% of water. This is why they are great for dehydrated skin. They can hydrate and moisturize your skin in minutes! Just slice the cucumbers into thin slices and layer them on our face and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Your face will feel cool and refreshed.
- Cucumbers are great cure for dark circles and tired eyes. For a person who always works in front of a computer, my eyes tend to feel very tired and dry afterwards. Cucumbers are abundance in antioxidants and have the ability to quickly help fade dark circles. Place a slice of cucumber on each eye, relax for about 20 minutes and let it do its trick.
- Use cucumbers to soothe sunburns and rashes. They provide a natural cooling effect and are gentle enough to soothe your skin and speed up the healing process of sunburn. Apply sliced cucumbers onto irritated skin. This is a great at home remedy if you don’t have soothing creams around.
- Cucumbers contain lots of vitamins your skin needs such as vitamin A, C, and K. This is why it is great for skin rejuvenation. The vitamins help fight away wrinkles and fine lines. A great natural anti-aging remedy for aging skin. Mix blended cucumbers with yogurt and apply on skin like a regular mask. Do this at least once or twice a week.
- Last but not least, cucumbers work great as a natural toner. It evens out the skin tones and help control oil secretion. This will cause less acne breakouts. Just blend the cucumbers in a blender and filter out all the juice into a spray bottle. Spray the content onto face like a usual toner.
I’m sure there are many other ways you can use cucumbers in your beauty regime. Comment down below and share your beauty tricks with me! 🙂