Green tea is a very popular beverage all over the world. People drink green tea because of its health benefits. I sometimes drink green tea because it is great for slimming and getting rid of toxins in my body. But there’s something that always bothers me after I’m done with that cup of green tea, I’m always left with the tea bag. Some people would throw it out, but as for me, I would do something else with it. Can you guess what? Yes, I’ll go to the kitchen and make my own mask out of the left over green tea bag. Why? It’s because green tea has many great skin benefits.
Green tea is very high in antioxidants, as well as enzymes, amino acids, and phytochemicals. All of these components can do great things to your skin. With this said, you can always count on a green tea mask to improve your skin and enhance your beauty. Here are 5 beauty benefits:
- Green tea can help get rid of toxins in your skin. It is great for healing blemishes, scars, and reducing inflammation. Cut out 2 bags of green tea that was already soaked in hot water. Add 2 teaspoons of raw honey and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix the content and apply it onto your face and let it sit for about 10 minutes. This can also act as an exfoliating mask as well.
- The antibacterial agents in green tea can help fight acne. It can also reduce the redness on your skin. This is as easy as just using the freshly brewed green tea and apply it onto your skin with a cotton ball. Always rinse off with cool water.
- Green tea has anti-aging benefits that can help delay signs of aging. It helps neutralize free radicals and also help fight against skin cancer. Mix the green tea with plain yogurt and a little turmeric powder. Apply the mixture on your face and neck, and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Green tea works great as a natural toner for your skin. It draws out impurities, reduce large pores, and give your skin a nice healthy glow. Pour the freshly brewed green tea inside a spray bottle. Let it cool and spray the solution on your face like how you would do with a toner.
- Green tea helps reduce puffy eyes and dark circles! Now that’s something I really need. It reduces swelling and puffiness. Put the green tea bags in the fridge until they feel cool enough. Place the cold tea bags on your closed eyelids and let it sit until the coolness wears off. This is perhaps my most favorite way of using the left over green tea bags.
Don’t forget to apply a moisturizing cream or serum after you do your mask.
There are many different ways of using green tea. What’s your way?